The Gold Coast has many benefits for international students. Especially for those students looking to start a career in Australia. Wondering how Q Academy can help you achieve this dream? Our Gold Coast campus is CRICOS approved to teach international students our Diploma of Remedial Massage. In this diploma, you will learn a range of remedial techniques, making this course ideal if you want to work in massage, beauty or wellness clinics.
3 reasons why you want to study (and live) on the Gold CoastKnown for its beautiful beaches, affordable living, fun nightlife and theme parks, rainforests and year-round sunshine; the Gold Coast has so much on offer for students looking for an exciting career path in an amazing part of the world. As one of Australia’s largest non-capital cities, the Gold Coast is home to over “32,000 international students from over 130 countries” (source).
1. Affordable living and studyingIn terms of cost of living, the Gold Coast is the second cheapest city in Australia; second only to Adelaide. And the tuition fees also provide better value, allowing you to enjoy a better quality of living compared to other major cities. You can easily find affordable accommodation at sites such as Study Match.
2. Plenty of employment and career opportunitiesWhile you’re studying, it is fairly easy to find part-time or casual work to make some extra money. The career opportunities with a diploma in remedial massage can open many doors for you. Q Academy is recognised by many employers through the massage industry as a premier training institution. Because of this many employers come directly to us looking for new staff. Our students are just that well trained and well prepared for life after study!
3. Splendid beaches and weatherMany international students come from other parts of Australia to enjoy the vibrant, lively beach culture of the Gold Coast. Some great reasons to live and study on the Gold Coast are:
- Great public transport service: between the trains, the tram and the buses it’s easy to get around.
- There are over 1,000kms of cycling trails.
- The Gold Coast gets 300 days of good, sunny weather.
- You’re less than an hour’s drive from waterfalls, mountain ranges and beautiful national parks.
- When you’re combining travel and study you want the best of both worlds. And that’s what studying on the gold coast can do for you.
Entry requirements international students studying at Q AcademyThe entry requirements for international students wanting to study at Q Academy are:
- English language ability equivalent to IELTS 6.0 (overall score), no less than 5.5 in each band.
- IELTS 6.0 (overall score), no less than 5.5 in each band
- Pearson (PTE) Academic Score of 50 (overall score)
- Paper-based (PBT) TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score of 537
- Internet-based (iBT) TOEFL score of 75