Why study massage therapy?
Interest in Allied Health continues to grow at a rapid rate in Australia. Massage therapists play an important role in helping people maintain their physical and mental well-being by treating soft tissue injuries and dysfunction. There are many exciting opportunities in the massage industry and some of the key reasons our students choose to study massage therapy are outlined below.
We ask our students when they start studying massage with us, and then again when they graduate, why they chose to study massage with Q Academy, and whether or not we met their expectations. We have tried to list the main reasons why nearly 10,000 students have chosen to study massage at Q Academy to date.
There are a lot of different reasons why people study massage and the four most important reasons we have listed below:
- Satisfaction of helping others – massage therapists can truly help the well-being of their clients.
- Flexible work hours – you can balance your home and work life: be your own boss.
- Great income potential – great income potential with massage as your primary full-time activity to meet frowning consumer demands or, as a part-time secondary income.
- Unlimited work opportunities – Health care industry spending is expanding rapidly in Australia. With a Diploma of Remedial Massage, you can find work in spas, hotels, cruise ships, or with chiropractors, physiotherapists and remedial massage clinics. The demand for mobile and corporate massage is growing; you can even work from home. Over 80% of the massage jobs advertised in Queensland now require a Diploma of Remedial Massage qualification, which Q Academy gladly provides.
Why study massage at Q Academy?
How learning with us will be different
- Advanced learning techniques
It means our classes are not only fun and memorable but also more productive. We don’t lecture for hours, we make sure students get a brain break every 45 minutes and get you moving, laughing and out of your seat. Our students love it and enjoy studying massage that way, just check their comments. Practical components are really important to us.
- Full-time program
Our full-time study allows you to become qualified while still leading a busy lifestyle. It blends on-site and external study and allows you to quickly gain a qualification. With Q Academy you can opt to achieve the HLT42015 Certificate IV in Massage as part of the HLT52015 Diploma of Remedial Massage, meaning you could be earning an income as a therapist much earlier.
- Free to Resit or Refresh Service
It is unique and something we are very proud to offer. As a graduate of Q Academy you can come back and re-sit any part of your course for free, even in 10 or 20 years’ time. This also includes first aid, so you can update your certificate every year for free, for life, which will save you hundreds.
- Three Campuses in S.E. Queensland
You can choose to study massage at any one of 3 campuses in South East Queensland, and if you need to move during your course you can continue to study massage at our other locations. This also applies to your free first aid updates after you graduate.
- All-inclusive course fees
Our courses are a one off investment that covers all your costs to study massage with us including all manuals and work books and massage oils. There are no fees to do tests, re-sit tests, or fees to catch up missed sessions with a course coach.
- Numerous payment options
All courses have a wide range of payment options available. For up-to-date information contact one of our campuses!
- Smaller classes
We cap our courses which allows more student teacher interaction and more one on one time to make it easier to study massage.
- Money back guarantee
We also have a 7 day money back guarantee from the first day of your course for full fee paying students*, which means no risk if you choose to study massage with us!
- Accredited qualifications
On completion of the course you are immediately eligible to be registered with the industry associations such as the Australian Association of Massage Therapists (AAMT), the Australian Natural Therapists Association (ANTA) and Australian Massage Association, which are some of the best known professional associations within the field of massage therapy in Australia.