Why Learn Flame Cupping?
This workshop focuses on teaching people how to safely use cupping to treat musculoskeletal conditions. During the day you will learn the art of safely using a flame and glass cups, as this is a really interesting way of applying cupping. You will also learn how to correctly use the more conventional plastic cups. Then you will get the practice using both to apply a full body treatment.
- History of cupping and different types of cups
- Indications and contraindications for treatment
- Cautions and avoidance areas
- Fire safety and application of cupping using flame induction method
- Application of cupping using plastic cups
- Cupping techniques, stationary, sliding, specific point release and heated cups
- How to use cupping for remedial treatment
- How to treat a range of common issues with cupping
- Sterilisations guidelines and caring for equipment
- Although there is some essential theory covered, most of the day is spent “on the table” learning how to apply cupping as treatment.
The CPE/CPD awarded can differ between associations, please contact your association for specific details. Points can be awarded for hours of training or for days of training.