The Higher Level Skills program is a Queensland Government initiative to give eligible students access to subsidised training in priority qualifications.
The principal aim is to help individuals gain the higher-level skills required to secure employment or career advancement in a priority industry or transition to university to continue their studies.
While eligible courses may be funded by the Queensland Government, individuals will need to
contribute to the cost of training through the listed co-contribution fee.
Eligibility for Queensland Government Subsidised
The 5 criteria for eligibility:
- be aged 15 years or over;
- No longer be at school;
- permanently reside in Queensland;
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen; and
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a certificate IV or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training.
Will the government pay a higher concessional subsidy?
The government will pay a higher concessional subsidy to encourage and support participation by disadvantaged students. To be eligible under this higher concessional subsidy you must:
- hold a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card issued under Commonwealth law, or be the partner or a dependant of a person who holds a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card and is named on the card;
- provide the PQS with an official form under Commonwealth law confirming that you or partner, or the person of whom you are a dependant, is entitled to concessions under a Health Care or Pensioner Concession Card;
- be an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander; have a disability; or
- be an adult prisoner
For any further questions or information on eligibility for the Higher Level Skills subsidy, please contact one of our friendly Career Specialists.
Why study with Q Academy?
This focus on quality and science-based training, coupled with tremendous student support has helped Q Academy become one of the most reputable names in the industry.
Once students have graduated, it is only the beginning of their new career.
Q Academy will help students connect with employers in the industry, with the online jobcentre on the website. And with the option to return to the college to re-sit and refresh any part of your completed course, for the life of the qualification, at no extra cost (including first aid refreshers) – Q Academy will be there to support the next part of your journey too.
If you would like more information on government-subsidised courses, please speak with a Career Specialist today.